Email: Email me
Attorney Nathan Begley serves his clients with kindness and understanding, taking special care to be aware of the everyday unspoken struggles of financial hardship, parenting, and navigating a global pandemic. Nathan can personally relate to difficult family circumstances, and his earned empathy fuels his drive to employ a holistic, strategic approach to maximize benefits to his clients. He works to understand each person’s unique life goals and helps clients create plans to help reach them. Nathan prides himself on a “flexible-yet-relentless” approach to problem-solving and seeks to find durable solutions backed by developed alternatives.
In the last several years, Nathan has focused his practice on Consumer Bankruptcy law to help keep people in their homes and in possession of their property; he believes that the best way to fight homelessness is to never allow it to happen in the first place. As a child, Nathan’s parents’ divorce tore his family apart and resulted in him growing up homeless and in poverty. At the age of 16, he set off on his own to try to create a better situation for his four younger siblings. At age 17, Nathan completed his G.E.D and was admitted to Lee University in Cleveland where he earned a B.A. in Political Science, all while taking custody of his youngest brother. He proceeded to graduate from St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas and he was admitted to practice in 2011. He worked as a solo practitioner and later moved to Dallas to work in a boutique bankruptcy firm. In 2021, Nathan realized his lifelong dream of returning to Oregon to practice law, as he spent most of his childhood in the Willamette Valley.
Nathan has been a lifelong Trail Blazers fan and has even worked as a Credentialed Reporter, covering the team on assignment for ESPN’s TrueHoop Network in San Antonio, Houston, and Las Vegas. He enjoys playing basketball, racquetball, and hiking in the mountains with his wife and two dogs.
Areas of Practice
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Family Law
- Oregon State Bar, 2021
- Texas State Bar, 2011
- Federal District Courts of Oregon, Colorado, Eastern Tennessee, Eastern and Northern Texas, and Eastern and Western Oklahoma
- Federally-recognized Tribal Courts of Chickasaw Nation and Choctaw Nation
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, J.D., 2011
- Recipient of Educating for Justice Award 2011
- President, Health Law Association
- Pro Bono Community Service Certificate
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Research Fellow, Center for National Security and Terrorism Law
- Lee University, Cleveland, Tennessee, B.A. Political Science, 2007
Schedule Your Consultation
Call 503.492.4229 Today
Or Send a Message ->
We offer free initial consultations for bankruptcy cases, and reduced flat rate initial consultations for other cases.
Legal issues rarely get better with time. Don’t delay, get in touch today.